1.5 CME 1.5 CEU
Brian P. Jacob, MD; Brandon Williams, MD
Surgeons who are just starting and searching for a new job whether academic or private practice positions.
This session provides the tools for succeeding in practice. It addresses finding a job, how to negotiate a contract, how to master face-to-face and online networking, and how to set yourself up for promotion and career advancement. Grant writing, manuscript preparation and speaking will also be addressed.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- State the most valuable attributes required to begin and grow a successful new practice
- Describe the importance and risks of online reputation and social networking for professional growth
- Effectively identify and negotiate a new academic or private practice position
- Discuss elements involved in the planning, implementation, funding, publishing and presentation of research
- Summarize how to organize personal life to obtain balance and avoid burnout